KDirOperator/KFileItemDelegate? buglet

Carsten Pfeiffer pfeiffer at kde.org
Wed Apr 29 08:11:08 BST 2009

Hiya,

kuickshow uses a KDirOperator instance for displaying a file browser as its
main widget. The view settings are configured independently of the
KDirOperator used by KFileDialog.

However, when I open a KFileDialog from KuickShow, the file dialog's settings
are (partly) somehow immediately applied to the file browser as well.

Specifically: if the file browser is in icon view mode with labels next to the
icons (instead of below the icons) and the filedialog is configured to show
labels below icons, then the file browser is repainted with labels below the
icons as soon as I open a file dialog.

It seems to me that the painting options are somehow shared between the two
(otherwise independent) KDirOperator instances.

Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers,
Carsten