KStatusBar and showing temp messages

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Sep 24 12:30:53 BST 2008

A Dilluns 22 Setembre 2008, John-Paul Stanford va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing a problem at the moment with KStatusBar, and wonder if was
> actually a bug or maybe it's a misunderstanding by me.
>
> The game I'm working on uses the statusbar->showMessage(i18n("Temp text
> goes here")) call to display a message temporally. However the message
> never gets displayed.
>
> When i initially setup the statusbar I created the items with calls like :
>
> statusbar->insertItem("This is a temp",1,1);
>
> So I took a look at the KStatusBar code for this method and see that it's
> calling QStatusBar's addPermanentWidget method. I also see that
> KStatusBar->insertPermanentItem() is also calling addPermanentWidget.
> So I was wondering if KStatusBar->insertItem() should be calling
> addWidget() instead.

It would seem so, even the header documentation says
 @see QStatusbar::addWidget

Aaron you're the one that did that code. Do you remember any reason for using
addPermanentWidget instead of addWidget? Or it's simply a copy&paste problem?

Albert