Fwd: Community patches and bugfixes to Qt?

Knut Yrvin kyrvin at trolltech.com
Sat Sep 6 19:37:44 BST 2008

Sebastian Kügler suggested to forward this message to core-devel :)

[...]

Hi all,

Members of the KDE e.V board raised their concerns on patch and bug
management for Qt in the Nokia-Trolltech integration planning process
in June. Lack of transparency made it sometimes difficult to improve
obvious things.

Klaas Freitag pointed out both the problem, and a solution on how SuSE
managed patches, suggesting that Trolltech should improve. This was
duly noted by Sebastian Nyström, the director of Qt Software in Nokia.
The goal for Qt Software is to show actions which gains KDE community.

So the suggestion is to make it possible to submitt patches to Qt. This
has to be handles with the propper copyright assignment and a way of
handling privacy issues. Some companies will not revile what thy are
working on. There are individual Qt developers who will stay anonymous
for different reasons. It seems that we can cover all those concerns.

I don't got the latest status update, but there are proposals from Qt
developers how the repository can be opened, and how to take care of
all the issues at hand. I hope that Thiago can elaborate on the status
so fare, and give an update on what's left. The floor is yours Thiago.

Best regards

Knut Yrvin
--
Community Manager / Qt and Qtopia