Res: KPackageKit

dantti85-dev at yahoo.com.br dantti85-dev at yahoo.com.br
Fri Oct 17 14:32:54 BST 2008

>Hey guys!
>Well where do u want to move it to at the end? extragear or kdeutils or ...?
>At the moment Shaman is idling, sadly, since drf__ and me don't have much
>time. I will definitely go back working on it when I have enough time
>(probably inside the Hard-Feature-Freeze ;))...

Hey Lukas,
well i'm not sure where is the best place for it,
i think it all depends on how kde will think of
packagekit project, cause in kdeutils i think this
will become a dependency, as KPackage depends on SMART,
the good thing is that there is binary dependency
since it works through dbus.
BUT i'm no expert in  choosing any of those places,
i'd just like to get it in, so i could finally create
that thing in kickoff, which imho happens to create
a dependency since context menu are hard coded afaik.

Btw, i still think shaman should use qpackagekit
to support packagekit, the work is already done.
in that way i think you'd also be ready sooner.
(of course i don't know if the missing things
are those regarding that plugin you told me..)

Regards,
Daniel.