[patch / string change] make kmail's account dialog fit on the screen.

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at gmx.net
Fri May 23 18:50:11 BST 2008

Hi,

On Friday 23 May 2008 16:28:11 Scott Wheeler wrote:
> The current KMail IMAP account dialog is too big to fit on my laptop's 13"
> screen.  This patch splits the options out into two columns.  It shortens
> one string (to make it fit in the column) and moves the explanatory note to
> a What's This box.  I consider this fairly important as otherwise you can't
> see the bottom couple of options or the ok / cancel buttons.  Any
> objections to committing?
Yes, I object. The layout is broken now, see the attached screenshot. Just a
couple of points:
- Some labels are no longer aligned with their widgets, for example "Trash
  Folder", "Check Interval" and "Identity"
- The "Use default identity" checkbox is no longer logically grouped with the
  identity combobox
- The options "Enable interval mail checking", "Include in interval mail
  check" and "Check Interval" are no longer logically grouped.
- Same for "Show only * subscribed folders"

Please fix these issues and then re-post a patch. Note that someone recently
posted to the kdepim mailing list, he wanted to fix the same issue. I think he
is currently working on porting the dialogs to UI files, you might want to
contact him. See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.pim/21972 .

I can't say anything about the string change, I guess the i18n team needs to
approve that.

BTW, this is bug 121677.

Regards,
Thomas

P.S.: The screenshot was too big to attach, see
http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot4zz2.png