the right home for Phonon

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Thu May 15 23:01:12 BST 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> wait!
> qt depends on qtwebkit
> qtwebkit depends on qt and phonon
> phonon depends on qt

Yeah I forgot to throw in what I was actually thinking:

Phonon depends on QtCore.  (That's it, right?  Just QtCore?)
QtCore does not depend on Phonon.  Therefore we can break that dependency
chain i.e.

Qt depends on QtCore and all the rest.
Phonon depends on QtCore
QtWebKit depends on Phonon.

Which is workable during the build.

But that would imply splitting up Qt into QtCore and the rest of the modules
if we want to install Phonon separately.  It may be easier just to install
Phonon as part of Qt after all then. :-/

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne