kde and moc files

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Mon May 12 11:05:38 BST 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 11:29:34 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 12 May 2008, Michael Jansen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > It looks like cmake doesn't generate dependency rules for moc files
> > anymore. They should be in build.cmake afaik.
> >
> > I and some others on irc had to make clean and completely rebuild a
> > modules just because of changes that required a regeneration of one moc
> > file. That's not pretty :-)
> >
> > Someone and idea why that doesn't work anymore? I'm on kdesupport
> > automoc4 btw. . The others too afaict.
>
> I guess because of moving automoc to kdesupport.
>
> So what did you exactly do ?
>
> You had a module != kdelibs with an existing build tree, then updated and
> installed kdesupport, the updated and installed kdelibs, and then continued
> to work on your module ?

I'm using kdesvn-build. kdesupport configured to be manually build. I've done
that yesterday. kdelibs was just rebuild with kdesvn-build. I can't tell you
if it picked up automac4 then because i made a kdesvn-build --reconfigure
after experiencing these problems. Now it get's the new automoc4 from
kdesupport but it still doesn't generate those .moc depencies.

Just checked and it looks like all modules picked up the new automoc

//Path to a file.
AUTOMOC4_CONFIG_FILE:FILEPATH=/opt/kde4svn/lib/automoc4/Automoc4Config.cmake

//Path to a program.
AUTOMOC4_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/opt/kde4svn/bin/automoc4

I checked somewhere yesterday and found in build.make dependency rules for
.moc files. Is this correct? Do they belong there? Because now i'm unable to
find thode dependencies anywhere.

Mike

--
Michael Jansen
Available for contract work ( Development / Configuration Management )