dialog

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon May 5 12:20:17 BST 2008

I have this code in KOffice

    int res = KMessageBox::warningYesNoCancel( 0L, i18n( "<p>The document

Which generates the attached dialog.
Note how the last line is actually missing, you have to scroll down to see it.
This effectively means that most users will be answering a question that
actually was not on screen. (we know many don't read these, how many do you
estimate use the slider then?)

I'm not sure why this design is in kde, but I think its flawed, we should
never have a slider in such a dialog and I'd like to ask kde-core-devel to
reconsider this behavioral change.

Thanks.

ps. please cc answers as I'm not subscribed.
--
Thomas Zander