[rfc] Windows integration utilities - KDE::Windows namespace

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Mar 28 20:45:09 GMT 2008

Aaron J. Seigo said the following, On 2008-03-28 18:00:

> i would suggest putting a note explaining this, however, in the apidox so that
> people know that these APIs are not to be consumed directly by applications,
> but by other libraries which provide abstractions which require access
> underneath to these platform sepcifics. that should make it clear for
> everyone.
>
> also, is it intended to install this header? judging from the '.h' prefix, i'm
> guessing, "yes"?

Let's look at kkernel_win.h as the current member of kdecore - it's not
installed. Just like kkernel_mac.h. Neither (at least for now) the new chunk
of the now-private KDE::Windows API. I'd like to include it within the kdelibs
source code tree, in a self-documenting way. So even someone knowing nothing
about winapi (or mac internals, BTW) will notice what all these new #ifdef'd
calls are about in kdelibs.

And yes, I am putting warnings in the apidox as usual in such cases.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek