Is there a place for autodeleted lists in kdelibs? Was: Re: KDE/kdepim/kalarm

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 01:10:25 GMT 2008

On Fri 28 March 2008 00:57:34 Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> David Jarvie said the following, On 2008-03-28 01:30:
> > SVN commit 791020 by djarvie:
>
> [..]
>
> >  A             lib/autodeletelist.h   [License: GPL (v2+)]
>
> [..]
>
> David, I've implemented this stuff in October,
> look - the autodeleted list/hash is not that simple:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kexi/kexiutils/utils.h?revision=727133&
>view=markup
>
> http://api.kde.org/koffice-api/koffice-apidocs/kexi/html/classKexiUtils_1_1
>AutodeletedList.html
> http://api.kde.org/koffice-api/koffice-apidocs/kexi/html/classKexiUtils_1_1
>AutodeletedHash.html

Hi Jarosław,

Thanks for that, but my requirements are different from (and much simpler
than) what you implemented. I don't want the list to handle deletions except
when it is destructed - its purpose is simply to avoid a memory leak in the
list destructor. The rest of the time, I want the caller to handle deletion
of the list elements. My version is actually similar to
kdepimlibs/kcal/listbase.h, except that auto-deletion is always enabled.

Cheers,
--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.