Global Shortcuts

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Mar 17 18:30:23 GMT 2008

On Monday 17 March 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Global shortcuts should be no different: they should show up in the menus.
> But, of course, only when they are enabled. So I'd say that enabling them
> by default -- *reasonable* defaults -- is the best way to discover them.

The problem is that to some people, having a global shortcut to toggle the
display of the kopete contact list is reasonable, to others it is not. Who
decides? (obviously the individual application developer, who is in power of
assigning global shortcuts, and who will often feel that his application has
a reasonable reason for using them)

And what menu should those shortcuts appear in? Only kicker appears to be well
behaved, as it provides a leftclick menu that shows the global shortcuts. But
then other guilty apps such as kopete does something else when left clicked.

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk