KDE Opportunities

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 12 23:41:31 GMT 2008

Carl Batke wrote:
> Also, not being able to choose the
> color/texture of the taskbar is annoying.  It would be nice to change it to
> silver or even transparent.  The main panel is the heart of the desktop, and
> I think it needs to be more functional.

I'm pretty sure you're not the first to complain about plasma's coloring
and how it's out-of-place with the rest of the desktop. What probably
needs to happen (assuming the colors can be changed; if not, this needs
to be a major priority!) is integration with the color kcm, the same way
WM colors tag along despite being not part of the application (i.e.
QPalette) palette.

As the maintainer of the color kcm, that probably means I'll be doing
some of the needed coding. What's been done already on the plasma side?
Is there someone I can work with to make this happen for 4.1?

(Can someone remind me what I need to run to get plasma stuffs in a
Xephyr window?)

I don't watch panel-devel; please CC me on any replies not also sent to
k-c-d and/or kde-u7y. (How come panel-devel isn't listed at
http://kde.org/mailinglists/?)

--
Matthew
Hey! Where's the witty punchline?