KMessageBox Fixed size

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 9 21:37:13 BST 2008

On 09.06.08 20:45:35, pinheiro wrote:
> A Monday 09 June 2008 18:24:16, Kåre Särs escreveu:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have seen that there has been some discussion/problems with overly wide
> > KMessageBoxes, but the current state is not really good :(
> >
> > The attached screenshot illustrates the problem. The dialog is so small
> > that the text needs scrollbars and since the size of the dialog is fixed,
> > you can't re-size it to read the whole message at once.
> >
> > Would it be possible to have the dialog this small when it pops up, but let
> > the user re-size the dialog manually.
> >
> > (Fixed size dialogs is one of the most annoying things can think of in
> > GUIs)
>
> it might be a stupid question but how come cant the text  outo arranje itself?

I guess you mean automatic word-wrapping? Thats not always working, for
example longer filenames don't have anything to wrap at (like space, dot
or similar). Thats the reason for the scrollbars in the first place,
to allow to properly see long lines, without putting 10 monitors
side-by-side :)

Andreas

--
Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is
not worth sending.