VLC and MPlayer Phonon backends on KDE repo

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Wed Jun 4 16:18:21 BST 2008

The patch is a good idea, but can only go into kdesupport/phonon, not
branches/phonon/4.2. Calling d->_k_mutedChanged from
setVolumeIcon/setMutedIcon looks wrong. Even if it does the right thing now,
you probably better should use it there. Also for
+    if (d->icon.isNull()) {
+        d->iconLabel.setVisible(true);
+    }
Did you perhaps forget a "!"? Or you meant "setVisible(false)"? Setting a null
icon should probably just get ignored. To hide the icon there's already a
dedicated function.

I'm just wondering since when QStyle has SP_MediaVolume(Muted) and why
Trolltech didn't patch phonon to use those... Also we should check that
KStyle implements them correctly. Oh, and the dox are wrong then, it should
say "Default icon used is QStyle::standardIcon(QStyle::SP_MediaVolume)". Too
bad SP_MediaTime wasn't added...

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de