very large data files

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 06:03:58 BST 2008

Hi Jason,

I haven't looked at how you store the data but will you run into
performance problems loading such a large data file into memory in any
case?

Does anyone provide a streaming service which allows you to obtain only
the subset of the data which is of interest? - Like Google Earth but for
stars.

Regards,
Robert Knight.