qt-copy patch 0180

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Jan 29 16:27:05 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 29 of January 2008, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Just found out today that patch 0180 makes some quasi-BIC changes, one
> example is that libplasma built against it acquires new symbols.

 How can it? There are no changes in public .h files. What is the problem
exactly?

> Further, noticed in its header,
> qt-bugs@ issue : none yet
> Trolltech task ID : none
> bugs.kde.org number : none
> which implies no attempt to upstream the issue/patch has been made yet.
> Why not?

 The description is the exact text I sent to qt-bugs. I think I forgot to add
the number after I saw the usual BS response. The current status should be
that only Qt4.4 has some different and inferior change, my question about
that went unanswered and I handled that by staying in the
qt-bugs-sucks-so-why-should-I-lose-my-sleep-over-it mode.

 If there are any problems with the patch, I'll fix it. Qt-copy patches are
not supposed to be BIC in any way.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz