guaranteeing compatibility for KDE modules ?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 20:30:45 GMT 2008

On 20.02.08 20:37:59, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> The following KDE modules explicitely list which cmake modules will be
> installed, so this was probably a conscious decision.
> Maintainers: you are aware that you have to keep compatibility for these
> modules for all of KDE4 ?
>
> kdevelop: FindKDevelop.cmake KDevelopMacros.cmake
> kdevplatform: FindKDevPlatform.cmake

Unless I'm mistaken we only have to keep compatibility with the first
release we do. Currently its not clear when kdevelop and thus
kdevplatform will see its first public release, but I doubt we'll have a
problem keeping compatibility once we do. Those are not exactly
complicated modules and I think also already pretty clean.

> kdegames/: GGZ.cmake FindLibKDEGames.cmake
>
> I'd like to make the modules from kdebase not installed anymore.
> What about the other modules, pimlibs and games ?
> At least I'll convert this to an explicit list of modules.

I'm not a maintainer for kdegames, but I think both are needed for games
in playground and/or extragear. Though the kdegames libraries actually
don't maintain BC - at least according to the games devs :)

Andreas

--
After your lover has gone you will still have PEANUT BUTTER!