Next stop on toolbar handling. Konqueror (& more)

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Thu Aug 28 22:44:12 BST 2008

On Thursday 28 August 2008 21:54:37 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> I have changed this on Kontact. And yes, against all bets I would say "yes,
> I expect the main toolbar to go up". Why ?

I share your opinion, the toolbar should be component-dependent, and should be
saved as component preference. And redoing it three or four times in the same
is not really a big loss of time (or, the gain is actually much higher than
the loss), provided that the preference is saved and you don't have to redo
it over and over, but just once per component.

And you can also avoid UI surprises. («hey, I moved the toolbar there, why is
it back in this other position?!?»: the user changed it again in another
component)

Bye,
-Riccardo
--