[FEATURE] KNotify support for galago Notifications spec

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:05:13 BST 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 16:48:27 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> the galago spec falls into the second category as well, though as Lubos
> notes it shouldn't be being used directly as it is by libnotify since that
> bypasses the first step. really, the "signalling popups" should be a
> "private" API between the notification framework (knotify) and whatever
> visualization(s) are provided (kpassivepopup, the notification plasmoid,
> etc..)
Yep, I understood that.
I just think that Lubos was speaking about the way to have another knotify plugin for
showing notifications in plasma or something like that - just like passive popups are
now built in knotify and aren't bridged by anything...

DBus approach is different - it is exactly a bridge between whatever app that desides
to use it (be it knotify or any other app that is aware of this interface) and
notification visualisation framework that implements this interface.

Cheers,
Dmitry.