kDebug and the Application object

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sun Apr 13 22:18:31 BST 2008

On Sunday 13 April 2008 20:27:41 Alex Merry wrote:
> On Sunday 13 April 2008 19:14:43 Michael Jansen wrote:
> > If you don't complain i will add such a note to the
> > kDebug/kError/kWarning apidoc
> >
> > "If you get <unknown program name> you use these functions before
> > initializing the application / mainComponent" or whatever i come up with
> > when having more time.
>
> How about:
>
> "kDebug() may include the name of the main component of the application in
> the output.  If no KComponentData has been created (for example, if it is
> called before initializing a KApplication or KUniqueApplication), it will
> replace this with <unknown program name>."
>
> And the same in the dox for kWarning, kError and kFatal.
>
> Alex

Yeah. That's better :-) . If you don't beat me to it i will add that sometime
during the next week.

@thiago: Should we do that change <unknown program name> to <unknown main
component>. I don't want to get the doc outdated when someone decides to
change that message.

Mike

--
Michael Jansen
Available for contract work ( Development / Configuration Management )