Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Fri Sep 14 19:29:06 BST 2007

A Friday 14 September 2007 18:57:01, Richard Dale escreveu:
> On Friday 14 September 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Richard Dale wrote:
> > > I assume if is for showing whether or not the widgets within a window
> > > are active or inactive.
> >
> > Right. Widgets are inactive if the window is inactive.
> >
> > > If you use it for entire windows, with only one window ever active, you
> > > are making the entire UI modal.
> >
> > Huh? This has been the way WM's worked for the last, oh... at least two
> > decades. I fail to see how only ever having one active window "makes the
> > entire UI modal".
>
> To the best of my knowledge no major windowing interface has ever had
> anything other than the title bar changed to show when a window is
> inactive, never the window contents. If the colors are only correct for the
> active window, you have a modal interface because all the other windows and
> their color values are second class citizens.
(this was not a tecnical opinion)
and just becose no one has done it we shouldnt try it?
has i said it should be sutle enough to be mostly unotaceble that kind of
unnoteced noteced thing.
> > > At the very least it should be optional, and not the default option.
> >
> > As indicated in the orignal thread, this will be configurable (and, as
> > of five minutes ago, it is). What should be the default is a question I
> > think is better decided by the artists and usability people.
>
> Well, they should certainly have an important say, but there are technical
> implications involved in making changes like this, and technical people
> need to be involved just as much.
but you did not gave a tecnical imput

Dont get me wrong i think everybody is intitled to theyr opinon but they
should clearly say it is an usability/astetical one and not mask it under
tecnical.

> > > In addition, what is the meaning of 'Temporary' in the title of this
> > > thread?
> >
> > It means that the hard-coding was temporary. It is now config-based; you
> > can edit your config (and eventually, use the colors kcm) to make it do
> > a whole bunch of things, including nothing at all.
>
> OK, that's good news.
>
> -- Richard

cheers
--