[Kde-pim] move ldap ioslave into kdepim(libs)

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at gmx.net
Thu Sep 6 22:35:41 BST 2007

Hello,

On Thursday 06 September 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op do 6 sep 2007 18:03 schreef u:
> > Hi,

> > It's ok to move (as a dependency point of view) kio_ldap into kdepim, the
> > last (and only) non-kdepim user was KUser in kdeadmin, but it is
> > converted to use KLDAP (from kdepimlibs).
> >
> > Maybe smtp should have a bigger user base (at least potentionally), since
> > I can guess of apps that send mails.
>
> Apps that send mail should hook into the mailtransport library in
> kdepimlibs for a consistent look and settings throughout KDE.  So ++vote
> here.
That also means that the SMTP ioslave can only be in kdepimlibs or
kdebase-runtime, but not in kdepim, as it is used by the mailtransport
library internally. And we don't want that applications like Mailody depend
on kdepim, right?

So I am fine with moving the pop and ldap ioslaves to kdepim, but I think the
smtp one should either stay in kdebase-runtime or get moved into kdepimlibs
(although it is not guaranteed that the smtp slave is going to exist during
the KDE4 lifetime).

Regards,
Thomas