KColorScheme API change (addition) request

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 4 20:43:02 BST 2007

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I'd like to add the following static method to KColorScheme:
>
> static void applyStateEffects (
>     QList<QColor> &backgroundColors,
>     QList<QColor> &foregroundColors,
>     KSharedConfigPtr = KSharedConfigPtr()
> )
>
> This will be used by the KColorSchemePrivate ctor, the "preview" for
> widget state effects in the color kcm, and (hopefully I will be able to
> make it work :-)) eventually by katepart. It is also useful for anyone
> that cares about applying proper state-dependent coloring to apps using
> custom colors (e.g. katepart, possibly kdevelop, almost certainly others).
>
> Otherwise I can add it to KColorSchemePrivate and copy the code for the
> kcm, and consider making it public in KDE 4.1.
>
> If there are no objections, I will plan to make this change Monday,
> September 10.

I revoke this request. I still need this API, but if I introduce
KStatefulBrush (1), it will make more sense for kate to use that (with
the addition of a const QColor& ctor) than this, leaving kcontrol/colors
as the only user outside of KColorSchemePrivate and KStatefulBrush, and
I'm increasingly less convinced it would make sense for the kcm to use
it (actually, I'm rather suspecting the kcm will use plain old
KColorScheme).

1: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/45356

--
Matthew