Status of konqueror / dolphin as file manager

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Tue Oct 30 22:21:32 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007, David Faure wrote:
> > - drag/drop moving a file also does not work inside 1 dolphin window
> > (between 2 columns)
>
> Here you say dolphin, but you do mean konqueror, right? Or is this about
> the column view in dolphin as well?
> DnD is TODO in dolphinpart, but should work ok in dolphin already [with
> maybe some problems in the column view though, since it's a bit newer than
> the rest].

OK, I now checked with todays version:

DnD does not work between 2 dolphin windows (not dolphin parts), (which David
said is on his TODO), but it also does not work within 1 dolphin windows (in
split view) from 1 view (left) to the second view (right).
And it does also not work in columns view from one column to another one.

I've also never seen the nice popup from former konqi days, asking
me "move/copy/link" .. is this "by design" or is this due to DnD not working
at all ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail