Status of konqueror / dolphin as file manager

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Mon Oct 29 21:58:46 GMT 2007

Hi all,

is there a way to get the KDE3 style konqueror file browser instead of the
dolphin part in KDE4 konqueror ?

The Dolphin thingy is currently unusable.
- I can not create directories
- I can not move files via drag/drop from one window to another
- drag/drop moving a file also does not work inside 1 dolphin window (between
2 columns)
- cut, copy, rename, move to trash is always greyed out (ah ... - not always,
but I had the situation where it was like this - dunno why... restart of
dolphin helped)
- renaming a file crashes dolphin (always)
- the highlighting in detail mode does not use a sensible highlight color. It
uses light grey, which makes it hard to see what's selected in the middle of
all other grey/white backgrounds
- minor: the busy-bar on the right bottom always stays spinning or at least is
visible in some intermediate state even when I only have 1 file in a dir.
Seems to be a redraw problem cause when I resize the window it's replaced
with the "disk free" information

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail