KPrintDialog?

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Wed Oct 24 13:05:34 BST 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> I feel like supporting Thomas in this. I don't have any coding powers,
> of course, so feel free to ignore me. But it just sounds sensible to
> me - if TT really is comitted to improving printing to a level where
> it is very much acceptable to KDE, why not let them do their thing?

Not sure you got my point. I did not suggest to bring the killed-off
technology back immediately but to provide us with a dialog fitting our
look & feel guide lines (icons, help texts, margings etc.) and having one
that we can customize in 4.0.x already.

> It's not like they've given us reasons not to trust them... I had a
> look at the current print dialog in Qt 4.3 - which isn't perfect, nor
> up to the KDE 3.x standard, BUT it is still rather good.

I'm more of a fan of rewrites that go on in parallel to finally surpass
what's there before they get in. Taking away things first and letting
users wait half a year for a replacement is not what I understand to be a
good service.

Harri.