KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/icons

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 18 23:49:51 BST 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 October 2007 21:15:21 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > Sure, but what if I want an icon 250x250 - nothing to downscale,
> > right, largest icon is 64x64 or something. SVG would solve that. So
> > only upscaling, then, above 64x64. Seems Rafael can do it. Would you
> > agree with doing that?
>
> I wouldn't. It'll look very broken. Even more broken that upscaling from
> 128x128.

actually, this depends on the icon. some icons will look pretty bad (would be
nice to either improve KSvgRenderer where needed and/or avoid things it sucks
at; probably a bit of both) but many should look a lot better.

> And, seriously, do you really need to display such big icons?

don't need to, no, but limiting it seems rather .... daft.

> This will come with 4.1,

meaning?

> and I don't think our users will mind not having
> that in 4.0 too much, especially given the other problems we have. ;-)

adding problems because we have other problems is an odd approach ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se