KConfig marking empty list entries as deleted

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Oct 7 18:29:33 BST 2007

Hi all,

I am testing KAddressBook distribution list IO and I think something has
changed in KConfig with respect to empty QStringList entries.

KABC saves distribution lists as QStringLists (ID of the addressee and email
address).

When I start KAddressBook, create a new distribution list and save, the file
.kde/share/apps/kabc/distlists ends up like this

[DistributionLists]
Test1[$d]

The problem is that when loading this config, its entryMap() will be empty.

I think the cause is in kconfig.cpp:675

    if ( value.isNull() ) // deleting entry
        options |= KEntryMap::EntryDeleted;

Since KConfig has been reworked since KDE3 I don't know it this is the new
correct behavior, e.g. the application code has to be changed to not write
empty lists.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring