Patch for KDirOperator: make columns in detailled view resizable

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Wed Oct 3 23:09:39 BST 2007

Hi Anders,

On Wednesday, 3. October 2007 23:53, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Peter Penz wrote:
> > Hi Anders,
> >
> > I had some time today already to integrate your patch :-)
>
> Very cool. Though I have to say that my attempt was better:
> * no QTimer
> * it worked, as in the columng got the correct width both in a file dialog
> and in kates file browser (yours doesn't work in that latter, the columns
> are all to small on my overloaded system).
>
> AFAICT there is no reason not to prefer my original model?

Your patch did no automatic resizing when opening in the means of that the
name column gets as much width as possible. The workaround with
model()->rows() > 0 did also not work when opening the file-dialog the second
time, as the resizing is done too early then... (so the size of the columns
differed dependent whether the model is in the cache or not)

But honestly speaking I've no problem if you replace my patch with your
approach until we have the "perfect solution" :-) If you commit your patch
please leave KDirOperatorDetailView in the (new) separate files
kdiroperatordetailview_p.h and kdiroperatordetailview.cpp as it allows us
later using signals/slots if needed.

Thanks!
Peter