My Computer

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sun Nov 25 17:38:55 GMT 2007

Le Dimanche 25 Novembre 2007 16:24, Thomas Zander a écrit :
> On Sunday 25 November 2007 15:48:00 Allen Winter wrote:
> > kickoff has a page called "My Computer".
> >
> > Can we please change that string?
> > Pretty please with sugar on top?
>
> Can you give a reason, please :)

It makes assumptions about the ownership of the computer?

If the machine is a public terminal in some library,
"My" sounds quite silly.

Besides, parents all over the world are trying to teach their children that
needlessly claiming ownership of things you apparently own is a bit vulgar.
KDE shouldn't ruin that educative effort :)

Greetings,
Germain