KCompletion vs. case sensitivity

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 19:28:05 GMT 2007

moin,

i just just discovered that setIgnoreCase(true) has an effect only in
Popup{,Auto} and Shell mode. so
- that needs to be documented or
- it should be changed. the next step would be clarifying how for
  example an auto-completing lineedit should behave then. wildly
  changing case of already entered text sure would be annoying
  (particularly with a proportional font, i.e. about everywhere). maybe
  it should adapt the completion to the case of the last entered
  character and possibly "fix" the case once the lineedit is left?

thoughts?