KDE and smartcard support

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue May 22 23:23:05 BST 2007

On 22-May-07, at 12:16 PM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> On 5/22/07, George Staikos <staikos at kde.org> wrote:
>> > So actually you suggest two TLS/SSL implementation in KDE.
>>
>>    No I don't.  We already went over this in private mail.  I suggest
>> that we implement KIO's SSL as needed, and you put an interface for
>> what you need there.  Then you can implement it outside, not drag in
>> any dependencies, and not affect implementation inside KIO.  You can
>> use QCA or whatever you want then.
>
> OK.
> Now I am confused indeed.
> If we implement KIO's SSL, that's mean that konqueror will
> automatically use it? (Same goes for any other current KSSL
> application?

    You aren't implementing SSL - you're implementing smart card
support.   But yes, Konqueror uses KIO so changing KIO changes
konqueror and any other KIO-using application.

> Is there a good template for KIO implementation that we can use?

    No, you will need to come up with a class structure and interface
yourself.

> Does it mean that there will be no use of QtSslSocket in this model?

   No it does not.  Why are you so against having it there?  it
shouldn't even be visible to you.  And it's not even there now...

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/