Problem with qabstractitemdelegate.h

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed May 2 07:52:10 BST 2007

Von: Simon Hausmann <hausmann at kde.org>
> On Wednesday 02 May 2007 07:02:19 Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I already sent this issue to qt-bugs at trolltech some weeks ago and they
> > told me to fix it but without success.
> > The ctors need to be private - otherwise I'll get linker errors in
> > libkdegames. I don't think this will break BC because you can't link
> > against those two functions (when you try you'll get a linker error).
> > Another solution would be to implement dummy functions for them.
> >
> > Can someone add this patch to qt-copy?
>
> Making the constructor that takes a QObjectPrivate private looks wrong to
> me,
> it needs to be protected for the QItemDelegate subclass in Qt (did you try
> compile Qt after your change? it should break compilation).

You're right - only Q_DISABLE_COPY(QAbstractItemDelegate) has to be private. Sorry for the wrong patch.
> But I'm not in favor of just blindly applying this patch. Can you tell us
> the
> qt-bugs issue number you got for the problem? What special thing is
> libkdegames doing that this problem shows up only now?

I can tell you the issue number this evening.

The problem is imho that in libkdegames a class derives from QAbstractItemDelegate and then is exported. Because of this msvc automatically creates a copy ctor (don't know why it's not created when the one from the derived class is private, but that's how it looks to me) and fails because the one from QAbstractItemDelegate is not available.

Christian