KDED time zone module

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Wed Mar 28 20:31:12 BST 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 18:17:59 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> David Jarvie wrote:
> >Wouldn't several times per year be classified as infrequent? How would
> > you recommend storing the data?
>
> That depends: if you refresh the data when the files change (like the
> other sycoca data), it's not going to be a problem. That means you must
> put a KDirWatch on the files you read.
>
> If you don't watch them, then a few times per year is too often.

I'm intending using KDirWatch, to ensure that the data is updated in line with
changes in the time zone files.

Can I assume from what you say that sycoca *is* a suitable storage place for
the data, on the assumption that it is kept in step with the time zone files?

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.