qt-copy and Qt 4.3

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Wed Mar 21 15:42:50 GMT 2007

Hi,

the first beta of Qt 4.3 has just been released and in the light of the recent
discussions I'd like to update qt-copy to that release next Monday. (or
earlier if people want)

But before doing that I'd like to hear your opinion on an idea that's been
floating around for a while now: With the development on Mac and (especially)
Windows picking up how about we turn qt-copy into a multi-platform copy of
Qt?

What I thought of is unpacking all four open source editions of Qt in
Embedded -> Mac -> Win -> X11 order into qt-copy. The resulting directory
tree should be fairly close to what we successfully use in Trolltech for
cross-platform development, except that this combination of packages is not
exactly tested. But I'm all optimistic :)

The resulting qt-copy would contain files that are dual-licensed (GPL + QPL)
and some GPL only. But I don't think that is a problem, and I hope no
distributor packages qt-copy anyway. It should really only exist for the
convenience of KDE development.

Any opinions? :)

Simon