Nepomuk-KDE core components in KDEReview

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Mar 21 09:57:47 GMT 2007

Von: "Sebastian TrĂ¼g" <strueg at mandriva.com>
<snip>
> > - kneprecore_export.h is wrong, fixed it
> >
> > - kneprecore shares some sources with knepomuk instead linking to
> > knepomup -> not very good, needs a hack to fix exports on win32
>
> The reason is that it needs stuff that is not part of knepomuk's public
> API. I
> will see if I can fix that.
I've added a hack for this - but I wonder why you export classes in nepomuk when they shouldn't be public. Or do I missing something here?

> > - creation of rcgen is really really weird - why is this needed at all?
> > cmake should be able to resolve the dependencies here, so you can just
> > use add_executable()
>
> The issue is that rcgen is needed during the cmake run of kmetadata to
> create
> the sources. This was the only way I found to make it work. I would be
> happy
> to use another, less weird, solution. But nobody could give me one so far.
Did you ask Alex about this? Invoking cmake inside a cmake script to create a program seems not to work correct on win32 :(
> > Do we really need this lib on win32 or can it be optional?
>
> It can be optional and will even be on linux for now. Actually I am not
> that
> sure anymore if it makes sense to force it into KDE 4.0 if it is optional
> anyway. For now only Dolphin contains optional code using it for tagging,
> rating, and commenting of files.
> Later, maybe in KDE 4.1, I hope that it won't be optional anymore. It is
> intended to provide a replacement for things like the Amarok collection.

Ok, thx

Christian

Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/topmail-out