Could kdecore depend on kjs?

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Wed Mar 14 18:33:44 GMT 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Such plugin implements an interface that is defined up above in the chain
> (probably at kdecore). And kdecore, when it realises it needs the
> JavaScript facilities, loads the plugin. This brings in kjs into the
> program's memory.

That's how KHTML has pulled in JavaScript support in the first year or so,
too. Back in the times when browsing the Web without JS was still an
option.

There was a very leight weight proxy class that loaded the interpreter and
bindings on demand and relayed all calls to it. The remainders
(ecma/kjs_proxy.cpp) are still there and I volunteer to re-implemented the
same thing for Chusslove if he wants to have it.

Harri.