make khtml/misc/decoder.* public

Nick Shaforostoff shafff at ukr.net
Fri Mar 2 21:41:20 GMT 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007 22:33, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk> wrote:
> We would like to use *safe* encoding detecting, whereas we are hesitant with
> guesswork (like looking at present characters).
why is that??

actually, i'd like to add 'Autodetection' submenu to kate's encoding menu, like the one konqueror has
for example, i have to change encoding of the opened file in ~30% cases, and i'm forced to do this _with mouse_
(using mouse is very slow)

so average user can choose not to use this feature, and autodetection code isnt very big

--
Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream of things that never were and say, "Why not?"
 --George Bernard Shaw