Qt4 gui performance

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Fri Jun 29 16:56:29 BST 2007

Hi,

I just wanted to ask whether somebody else have the same feeling that
Qt4 applications are recognizable slower in painting windows and widgets
than Qt3 applications.

When I start the KDE3 desktop on my machine here it doesn't fly, however
you can work fluently. Using the KDE4 desktop is however noticable
slower, when you resize a window you can follow the rearrangement of the
gui elements. So using KDE4/Qt4 atm is not really fun.

Is this caused by the Qt build with debug support? Or are the styles not
ported to the new paint system yet? Can anybody with deeper knowledge
comment on this?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!