Semantic tags for i18n, official proposal

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sat Jun 23 17:36:00 BST 2007

Op zo 17 jun 2007 16:26 schreef u:
> I have almost fully implemented the semantic markup for use in i18n
> messages, the KUIT (KDE UI Text), and it stands ready to commit. As base for
> comments, here is the article on Techbase:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n_Semantics

Hi,

I've read the article and it looks good. I've a question about the genrated templates for translators. By adding the semantic tags in the comment fields, I assume similar messages with the same context info still get merged with each other (and different semantic contexts split)?

Also I would suggest some hidden tag where you can provide more information for the manual.

When are you planning to commit this? Is the plan for KDE4.0?

I would suggest to add it as requirement for new apps (add it to the kdereview procedure) and let krazy report them, but to prevent a huge amount of issues, keep them out of the total issue count.

gr.

Toma