Detaching [QK]Process

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 21 09:20:20 BST 2007

On 21.06.07 06:36:13, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Alex Merry wrote:
> >While trying to do the last remaining port from K3Process to KProcess in
> >kdelibs, I ran across a problem.
> >
> >KFileSharePropsPlugin [kio/kfile/kfilesharedialog.cpp] uses
> >K3Process::detach() in its destructor to make sure the kdesu process it
> >starts does not get terminated when KFileSharePropsPlugin is destroyed.
> >   KProcess does not appear to have a similar method.
> >
> >I thought QProcess::close() might do it (the APIDOX suggest so), but -
> >looking at the source code - it actually kills the process.
> >
> >Any ideas on what to do?
>
> Leave K3Process.

Not a good option I think, or do K3Process and Q/KProcess nowadays work
well together? My last information on this is that they shouldn't be
used in the same application because you'll loose the ability to get the
signals from the started process.

AFAIK Oswald wanted to add a detach() to KProcess.

Andreas

--
Love is in the offing.  Be affectionate to one who adores you.