Setting a kdelibs Freeze Date

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 15 16:31:20 BST 2007

> Howdy,
>
> We, the Release Team, are trying to decide when we should have
> the kdelibs freeze + Beta1 tagging.  To do so, we need some idea
> of how much work still needs to be done in kdelibs so that we
> feel comfortable with a freeze.
>
> The current milestone calls for a kdelibs freeze on Monday 25 June.
> We can make that day one last "BIC Monday".
>
> Does anyone need more time to get in absolutely must-have stuff??

Well, there is tons of performance work I'd like to do on KJS which I am
unlikely to do until end of July; and that work has to be BIC, but it
would have close to minimal SC effects.. Is it must-have? Well, if we want
this stuff before 5.0...

There may also be holes in KStyle coverage which I have to fill, but those
would be BC and SC, just some new enums.

> Keep in mind that we have akademy coming up too.
> Keep in mind that we should be shifting emphasis to the apps.

I don't do apps, so...

-Maks