New methods for KTimeZone

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Jun 9 16:00:21 BST 2007

David Jarvie wrote:
>I'd like to add a couple of new methods to KTimeZone on Monday, and
> provide additional optional parameters for a couple of other methods.
> Their purpose is to fetch details of time zone daylight savings
> transitions during specified time intervals. There is a need for this
> in reading iCalendar data in kdepim, but they are generally applicable
> so it seems sensible to add them to kdelibs before the API freeze.
>
>Patch attached - and I'll also add test code. Any objections?

Hijacking your thread:

Can we get rid of these:

(kdecore/date/kdatetime.cpp:201 and 202)
const KDateTime::Spec KDateTime::Spec::UTC       =
KDateTime::Spec(KDateTime::UTC);
const KDateTime::Spec KDateTime::Spec::ClockTime =
KDateTime::Spec(KDateTime::ClockTime);

They are non-POD global statics. That we can't have. Please either make
them enums or functions or POD objects.

Also, the following two functions:
KDateTime::Spec       KDateTime::Spec::LocalZone()                   {
return Spec(KDateTime::LocalZone); }
KDateTime::Spec       KDateTime::Spec::OffsetFromUTC(int utcOffset)  {
return Spec(KDateTime::OffsetFromUTC, utcOffset); }

are out of the API style guidelines because they begin with a capital
letter.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358