QSslSocket

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Jun 8 10:10:14 BST 2007

On 8-Jun-07, at 3:18 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Alon Bar-Lev said:
>> 3. As it seems kde developers wish to use Qt provided classes, so the
>> decision is of Trolltech.
>
> Just so that there are no mistakes: yes, we prefer to use a Qt
> solution if
> one is available. But if we have sufficient reason to use another
> implementation, for example for its technical qualities, we can choose
> otherwise. What's more, KDE solutions overrule Qt ones and
> sometimes the
> Qt solution simply gets forbidden from KDE code.
>
> We have not made the decision on QtNetwork vs QCA yet. We'll
> discuss that
> during aKademy.

   Don't forget to mention that there's very little compelling reason
to change anything in KIO right now, though it might be nice to use a
different API to the -same- -calls- within KSSL until someone makes a
better API.  Also we should probably always keep the implementation
for this stuff private, or as private as possible.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/