QSslSocket

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jun 7 14:54:13 BST 2007

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> <snip>
>
>> As long as they are doing so, the need at least not use hardcoded
>> library names, so different versions and locations may be specified.
>> I asked to reopen the Windows bug in order to provide getenv () with
>> QT_SSL_XXXX variables to specify which library to load. Of course the
>> hardcoded may remain as defaults.
>>

> Hmm... I don't like the idea of using environment variables for that. I'd
> suggest you simply put your OpenSSL libraries in the \windows\system32
> directory.

As last option may be, but not in the first place. If others would do
the same, this - in conjunction with openssl' BC problems - will result
in cases where a non wanted openssl release would be used, which is very
hard to track down. It must be possible to use at first a library
located in the Qt's dll directory and then the pathes in the PATH
environment var.

Ralf