[apaku at gmx.de: Threadsafe access to a KConfig object]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 1 01:14:18 BST 2007

On 01.06.07 01:56:45, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >So we'd like to get some ideas as to how we can make the access to the
> >project configuration threadsafe, without letting each plugin know what
> >the config files are that are used to create the KConfig object (the
> >setup code should stay internal to the project class).
>
> Protect it with a mutex or a RWLock.

Right, I forgot to add that we're trying to find a way that doesn't
involve having

project->lockConfiguration();
project->projectConfiguration();
project->unlockConfiguration();

each time we try to access the project configuration.

Andreas

--
You have a will that can be influenced by all with whom you come in contact.