KAboutData ownership (Re: KInstance redesign)

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Wed Jan 31 11:46:22 GMT 2007

OK, so I'll change KComponentData to take ownership of the KAboutData by
default. All applications creating the KAboutData on the stack in main have
to be adjusted then, though. Hmm, I guess all code that didn't leak
KAboutData objects before has to be adjusted...

Perhaps we want to also add a flag to not take ownership? Then KComponentData
would need a way to reset its KAboutData pointer to 0 when the object is
deleted.

Regarding Adriaans case: KAboutData objects are still "yours" until you
pass 'em to a KComponentData. So you can still use the KAboutData objects
like before.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de