Some newcomer questions

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 10 16:58:06 GMT 2007

Martin Koller wrote:
> On Sa Jan 6 2007, Marcus Woletz wrote:
>> Do I have to compile and test the whole KDE
>> on my local system?
>
> It is enough to change/compile and install libkonq and then simply run
> konqueror.
> So at least check out kdebase (there might be a way to limit this further, but
> I don't know the details of how to set up and configure only a part of a KDE
> module for development)

I do 'make && make install' in subdirs of kde packages all the time, but
I am also running 100%-from-sources KDE. At any rate if you do a build
of all of kdebase /once/, then doing 'make && make install' in only the
subdir(s) you need should be fine (I think). Either way you have to run
top-level configure, of course. :-)

--
Matthew
"What a wonderful smell you've discovered!" -- Princess Leia Organa