kconfig_compiler as XSLT?

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Feb 7 08:24:03 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 02:47, Allen Winter wrote:

> Should we be thinking about moving kode into kdelibs for KDE4?
> I'm sure we must have discussed this before but I don't recall
> if we came to some conclusion.

At the moment I wouldn't consider it ready for inclusion in kdelibs as it's
not yet up to the standards of the libs. It's also much more than only
libraries, so it would have to be cleanly separated and a place for the
non-libs would have to be found.

> Especially if I can ever get back to work on the new libkholidays
> (which needs kode) and really should go into kdelibs or kdepimlibs.

Although it would be nice to implement libkholidays through kode, it could
just as well be implemented with traditional XML parsing, so I don't think we
should take this as the principal reason to move kode to the libs.