Shipping a cursor theme with KDE

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Fri Dec 28 12:14:41 GMT 2007

On Friday 28 December 2007 12:36:05 Robert Knight wrote:
> Who?  I don't think even Apple would claim to have staff working for
> them who can predict the response of users to a particular user
> interface element so accurately that no user testing and feedback is
> required.

I doubt they would openly claim anything with regard to this topic. But
artwork isn't about random trial and error in the dark just to check whether
the audience likes the result or not. In fact a good visual designer has
developed a solid intuition by experience that gives him a pretty good idea
whether the target user base will like the artwork in question or not.
Of course there is no guarantee that it will work without failure every time,
but it will work most of the time (just like there is no guarantee that code
that has been double checked during a freeze will not turn out to be buggy).
So even a company like Apple does certainly weigh risks against advantages
while considering the expertise of the people involved.

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz